We regularly handle jury trials, bench trials, arbitrations, mediations and administrative and regulatory proceedings for all manner of business disputes. We also counsel clients on how to avoid litigation and resolve business disputes without litigation. Our experience combined with our technology and attention to cost-effective litigation translate to favorable and prompt results for our clients.
- Obtained $11.1 million jury verdict on behalf of a corporate client in a breach of contract lawsuit in Missouri federal court.
- Defense verdict at trial for bank in breach of contract and conversion action alleging amounts unlawfully withdrawn from account due to identity theft.
- Defense verdict for insurance company in action by executive alleging breach of stock option agreements.
- Defense verdict for utility company in case filed by insurance agent alleging fraud with respect to sale of group life and AD&D policies.
- Obtained a $2.09 million jury verdict for a corporate client in a commercial dispute tried in federal court in Tennessee. Following an appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, we tried the case a second time and obtained a $4.711 million jury verdict for our client.
- Negotiated six-figure settlement in a trademark infringement/deceptive trade practices lawsuit in Ohio on behalf of one of the world's largest electrical engineering companies.
- Obtained arbitration award for utility finding indemnity was owed in underlying wrongful death lawsuit.
- Obtained defense verdict for part owner of a hotel sued for shareholder oppression and fraud by a minority shareholder.
- Obtained favorable jury verdict for construction client in dispute with geotechnical contractor.
- Successfully represented a venture capital company in a dispute with a developer of a multi-million dollar Florida waterfront community and marina. Following a bench trial, the Court entered judgment for our client on all claims, including an award of attorneys’ fees.
- Obtained summary judgment for individual in suit claiming fraud in sale of an illegal debenture.
- Represented dissolved corporation in managing insurance litigation issues arising from over 2,000 asbestos claims.
- Representation of electric utilities in disputes involving power purchase agreements, supplier agreements, and other contracts.