Product Liability and Casualty Litigation
We have more than fifty years of combined experience handling lawsuits involving product liability, electrocution and electrical contact, premises liability, toxic torts, and vehicular/trucking accidents. These cases often involve catastrophic injuries and loss such as paralysis, loss of limbs, disfigurement, and death, making them extremely challenging and at times, high profile litigation for the client.
- Representation of one of the world’s largest electrical engineering companies in:
- Lawsuit seeking damages for fire at electric power station in Pennsylvania;
- Three-week jury trial arising from serious personal injury case during use of cargo gantry crane at port in New Jersey;
- Fire claims arising from burned luxury yachts in South Florida;
- Wrongful death product liability case in Georgia involving hollow composite insulator;
- Serious arc flash burn injury lawsuits in Georgia and Pennsylvania;
- Personal injury cases involving electrical cabinets in motor control rooms at Alabama and Georgia steel mills; and
- Personal injury case involving pulp dryer at Alabama paper mill.
- Representation of a leading German diesel engine manufacturer in commercial and product liability litigation matters in Alabama, Georgia, and Mississippi.
- Defense of personal injury and wrongful death cases in Alabama and Mississippi filed against manufacturers of agricultural tractors and implements, heavy trucks, and construction equipment.
- Attained summary judgment in wrongful death case filed against a heavy truck manufacturer. Plaintiff’s decedent was killed after he fell off the rear riding step on a refuse truck. The court dismissed Plaintiff’s claims following a successful Daubert challenge of Plaintiff’s expert’s qualifications. Beam v. McNeilus Truck and Manufacturing, Inc., 2010 WL 1069616 (N.D. Ala. March 24, 2010).
- Achieved favorable jury verdict in serious personal injury case in Louisiana federal court in case where paramedic plaintiff claimed soft-tissue back injury, sexual dysfunction, and neurogenic bladder.
- Obtained summary judgment for electric utility in case where two construction workers were killed when their crane made contact with a power line. McGregory v. Lloyd Wood Const. Co., 736 So. 2d 571 (Ala. 1999).
- Gained dismissal of a Swiss automation system manufacturer in a significant product liability lawsuit in Alabama. Ex parte Güdel AG, 183 So. 3d 147 (Ala. 2015).
- Obtained summary judgment for electric utility in a wrongful death case where plaintiff contacted an energized power line with a cotton picker.
- Defense of a personal injury lawsuit against the Swiss global leader in the manufacturer of looms and other equipment for the ribbon and narrow fabric industry.
- Defense of a leading isotank container operator from Germany in a serious chemical burn injury case in Georgia.